Dudelet's Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Attack of the Spiders!!

So still in Dumfries and having a fairly decent time chillin' and not doing anything, especially not Java (by the way my back still hurts cause of that damn text book)!

So me and my sister are sitting at home (yes I know another night in, two in a row in fact - don't worry I won't make it too much of a habit) watching Ocean's Eleven - good film by the way, lots of cute guys - and out the corner of my eye is a huge (insert obscenity here, my suggestion starts with f) spider. I don't particularly like spiders, but unlike my sex and hair colour would suggest I didn't scream and jump on top of my chair, no I calmly found a glass and trapped it under it. Now mainly because I am lazy and partly because I was trying to watch George Clooney and Brad Pitt I left the spider under the glass and didn't bother to move it.

However later on I hear a scream as my sister sees another identical (in size at least) spider running across the floor towards me, unable to find the energy to trap this second spider I left it when it ran behind the cabinet.

The best bit by far tonight though was when my sis got up to go to the toilet and not remembering what was in the glass, knocked it over, queue one very slow motion moment with a-Ewan-McGregor-in-Star-Wars-EpisodeI style "Noooooooo!!!" (and if you don't know what I am talking about then I suggest you re-watch the film, or possibly just the main fight scene towards the end). Anyway apart from the very geeky Star Wars quote I'm trying to say the spider escaped. Then there were two.

So all night I have been plagued by these spiders, and every time i feel a draft past my leg I am convinced there is a spider running up it. So with that thought I shall go to bed and try to get some sleep.

Laurenx

3 Comments:

  • At 5:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If it is running along the floor, I am quite fond of the compressed gas approach. Anything; deoderant, air freshener, I dont take preference - All i know is they do not like it. And it stuns them enough so I can catch them and throw them out the window.

    Now I am thinking, can a spider die from a large fall?
    (do I care?)

    Colin/Eggy

     
  • At 11:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep - Whats the official figure? I think it was on average, a human eats 4 spiders in their sleep without them knowing a year.

    Lovely fact, ehh?

    Colin/Eggy

     
  • At 7:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well just be thankful that there were no 8 foot spiders in your room, they are the worst. Thanks to me and my brother, (who shall have to remain annonymous for reasons that are obvious), there are no 8 foot spiders in the world, well there are, but when there is ever the slightest chance of a sighting superhero **** and sidekick ***** (* indicates covered letter, kinda like when you type in a password) get the call and then go and wrestle the bad boys till they are either dead or can be locked away in some far far away land that even has padlocks to keep them at bay. The sightings and breeding has slumped of late and we are getting less and less calls, but with the increase in 7ft tigers we are getting calls about them now. Everyone just expects that becuase we can take on 8ft spiders we can also fight 7ft tigers, well they are a bit trickier as they have been trained by the domestic cat in the art of tangling themselves up with a big ball of wool to confuse us.

    Well i hope you never see a giant spider or tiger because then i have done my job and can live a happy life knowing that i have spouted enough crap to save all the people in the land.

    For now, keep safe and keep your eyes peeled.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home