Dudelet's Blog

Monday, October 18, 2004

You wait ages for one post and then two come along at once.

I realise that as yet I haven't made any post on the joys of my brand new 20Gb ipod. It is the best thing I have ever bought. Even the awful task of cleaning my kitchen and bathroom could be exciting with music blaring from my very stylish white earphones.

The adverts for the ipod are true, you do find yourself not realising that other people may be around when you have music on, I was dancing around ipod in one hand, mop in the other. Fantastic.

Not so fantastic however when I almost broke my whole body. This may take a little explaining and there is absolutely no logic to what I was doing.

Picture the scene. My kitchen has been flooded I have just mopped the floor and cleaned as much of the excess wetness on all the surfaces. I realise that the water had been coming from the ceiling and therefore could be lying in huge puddles on top of the wall units.

I got up on top of the worktop (I had at least taken my heels off at this point figuring that would just be plain stupid). Dancing around to Britney Spears' "My Prerogitive" on top of the wet worktop, when the obvious happened and I slipped.

This is probably one of the only times (and I'm sure it will probably be the last) when I thanked god that my kitchen is so small that you can't fit more than two people in it. Instead of plummeting to a certain painful landing on my back, I bashed my arm on the opposite wall hence not doing myself any damage whatsoever.

But don't worry ipod i don't blame you at all...

Till next time

Laurenxxx

10 Comments:

  • At 7:58 pm, Blogger Paul said…

    What is it about the iPod that makes music sound better? Why do I need an iPod and not a portable mp3 player?

     
  • At 9:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The video to that song really is quite a sight.

     
  • At 11:48 pm, Blogger Iain Simpson said…

    A quick response to Paul: an iPod *is* a portable MP3 player.

    Maybe I'm weird, but I don't like the idea of advertising the fact that I'm carrying £200 worth of elecronics in my pocket whilst walking down the street. The first thing that I'd do if I bought an iPod, would be to bin the white earphones. They look silly anyway :P

    As for your fall, I'm somewhat relieved that you had the good sense to take your heels off (you can barely walk in them at the best of times..), but the idea of standing on one of your worksurfaces and slipping sends chills down my spine. Perhaps my imagination is a bit too active, but I can think of lots of possible outcomes from such a fall, most of them rather gruesome.

    I'm glad that you escaped with nothing more than a sore elbow. :)

     
  • At 8:23 pm, Blogger freenanoipod said…

    I did not realise that blogs could be so informative. I have been browsing and reading all day -- Very addictive.

    I am going to set up a blog for my own site ipod nano! I have a lot to of information to share. The link to read should be
    live soon. If you have an interest in the ipod nano I would love to hear what you think of my site :-)

     
  • At 9:05 am, Blogger Steve Westphal said…

    You have a very nice blog. I thought I would share this with you, free mp3 music downloading

     
  • At 6:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Want a free ipod nano? visit free ipod nano

     
  • At 8:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if u want an ipod, you can go to www.getipodsforfree.com and do an offer. follow the instructions and they'll actually send you a freeipod, no joke, there's reviews all over the internet

     
  • At 12:54 pm, Anonymous joel said…

    mp3 is the latest and the most popular audio format that is used now. This acronym stands for MPEG layer 3. It is a compressed audio format with a compression rate of up to 12:1. The sound quality of the audio in this format is very high.
    car mp3 player
    mp3 Maestro

     
  • At 3:49 pm, Anonymous joel said…

    mp3 is the latest and the most popular audio format that is used now. This acronym stands for MPEG layer 3. It is a compressed audio format with a compression rate of up to 12:1. The sound quality of the audio in this format is very high.
    best mp3 encoder
    mp3 Maestro

     
  • At 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Downloading Music! Downloading Music!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home